Been a real loooong time i blogged and now got some quality time that i can use for my favorite hobby :).. Guess what this recipe had been in my wish list for a long time and its now on my blog finally! Peas and dhals are high source of protein which is vital importance to our health. Tip - People who feel this might cause gastric problem please add extra garlic pods which will take care of those problems.
- Black eyed cow Peas - 2 cups
- Chilli powder/Sambhar powder - 1 Tsp
- Coriander Powder - 3/4 tsp
- Onion - 1 (chopped)
- Tomatoes - 1 big (chopped)
- Garlic pods- 4
- Tamarid paste - 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
How to make it :
- Pre-Soak the cow peas for 4 hours and cook it for 2 whistles. If no time just cook the peas for about 5 whistles or until is cooked well.
- Take a kadai and add oil, then let mustrad splutter and add garlic and fry well. Then add onions and fry till they are soft.
- Then add the tomatoes and garlic ginger paste and fry until the tomatoes are mashed well.
- Now add the chilli/sambhar powder, coriander,turmeric powder and add salt as per taste and let it fry until cooked well.
- Take the cooked cow peas and add into the curry and tamarind paste and let it boil on high for 5 mins and then simmer it until oil seperates and you get the consistency you want.
- Garnish with Cilantro and serve with roti/rice. Enjoy!!