One of my all time favs and a wonderful snack for any occasion. Does not take much time to make these except for one this - is has to be deep fried, which makes us think of the calories ;)
- Channa Dhal - 2 cups (Soak 2 hours)
- Onions - 2 (finely chopped)
- Green chillies - 3 (chopped)
- Ginger - 2 inch (chopped)
- Cilantro Chopped
- Curry leaves Chopped
- Salt as required
How to make it :
- Soak channa dhal for not more than 2 hours.Take 5 spoons of soaked dhal and keep it separately.Then grind the dhal coarsely in a mixer / food processor.
- Add salt and all chopped items like onions,chilly,ginger,cilantro and curry leaves to the coarsely ground dhal. Now mix the soaked whole dhal into this. This will make the vada more crisper.
- Note the more coarser the dhal is ground, more tastier is the vada. Do not add water to the batter .. it will suck more oil.
- Now heat oil in kadai and once the oil is nice hot add the vada and deep fry the vadai until it turns color. Put the vada on tissue paper for the extra oil to be absorbed.
- Serve it with Sambhar and chutney of your choice.