1. Rice flour – 3 cups
2. Bengal Gram (Pottu kadalai)/ roasted gram flour – 1 cup
3. Chilli powder – 2 spoons (as required)
4. Roasted urad flour – 3 to 4 spoons
5. Salt as per taste
6. Ajwain seeds – 1 spoon
7. Sesame seeds – 1 spoon
8. Butter – ½ to ¾ stick
How to make it :
- Soak rice for 2 – 3 hours and grind it with little water as possible or use rice flour from Indian stores. I did it the traditional way.
- Grind and sieve Bengal gram or use roasted gram power.
- Ghee roast the urad dhal flour until aroma comes and let is cool and grind it to fine powder and seive it.
- Take a big bowl and mix all the above with salt and chilli powder and the ajwain/sesame seeds and mix it well.
- Take the mix in the murrukku machine and squeeze it into desired shapes and designs with various plates.
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry the murukku until its cooked. Let it cool for some time and store it in a air tight container.
- Enjoy diwali with tasty murukku. Happy Diwali