Any breakfast or tiffin in South India is incomplete without Sambhar :).So will be my blog if i dont add this here. Sooper easy and delicious.
- Toor Dhal/Lentil -1 cup
- Green chillies - 3
- Red Pepper powder - 1 spoon ( optional)
- Tamarind pulp (Optional if tomatoes are bland)
- Onion - 1 big
- Tomatoes - 1 big
- Garlic - 4 pods (Crushed)
- Crushed black Pepper - 1/2 spoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 spoon
- Any vegetable (Drumstick/Radish/brinjal)
How to make it :
- Pressure Cook Lentils with water for 2 whistles until they are smashy and well cooked.
- Take a pan, add oil and add curry leaves and mustard and let it splutter.
- Then add the crushed garlic pods and split green chillies and saute it.
- Then add the chopped onions and let it saute for few mins. Now add the chopped tomatoes and turmeric powder,chilli powder and pepper powder.
- Let it cook until the raw masala smell goes off. Now tranfer the cooked dhal into the pan and with vegetable with required salt and let it cook. You can add tamarind pulp if you are a fan of the tangy taste in the sambhar.
- Once the sambhar is ready add some cilantro to add flavour to it. Serve it with Idly,dosa , vada or Rice.